VOX cinemas, a Majid Al Futtaim company, is the largest regional cinema brand. The brand has experienced a fair bit of change in a relatively short period of time. In 2012 , Majid Al Futtaim bought out Cinestar; renamed and rebranded it VOX cinemas and expanded from 50 screens in 5 locations to 120 screens in 11 locations in just 2 years. Then in 2014 Majid Al Futtaim rebranded and ‘tightened’ its brand architecture. The outcome resulted in an evolution of VOX’s brand marque to include the Majid Al Futtaim “M” in the “O” of the VOX logo causing it to be misread. With growth continuing exponentially, VOX wanted to crystalise their brand and strategy for the future.
Movies and so much more
Our research and assessment led us to establish 5 areas that needed clarity and action:- help VOX build brand preference in a category where cinema brand plays a secondary role to location, define how VOX can deliver on Majid Al Futtaim’s new vision ‘To create great moments for everyone everyday’, Structure their portfolio of experiences (GOLD, MAX, 4DX, etc) in a simpler way, to allow for expansion, help the brand to have greater visual impact while staying true to the holding’s new guidelines, use this rebrand to rally 1000+ employees behind the brand and business and get them to be informed, empowered and proud.
Transform Awards 2016
- Gold > Best implementation of a brand development project
- Gold > Best visual identity from the travel & leisure sector
- Silver > Best creative strategy
- Silver > Best rebrand of a digital property
- Bronze > Best brand architecture solution
- Bronze > Best brand evolution
- Bronze > Best brand development to reflect changed mission/values/positioning
- Bronze > Best brand consolidation